Work at the BCDA
The BC Dental Association (BCDA) is the official voice of BC dentists; and, educates the public on oral health issues. It is a proven leader in professional association management, with a dynamic and inclusive culture of collaboration, cooperation and innovation.
The following job positions are available at the BCDA:
Advisor, Member Services
The BCDA is seeking an Advisor, Member Services, reporting to its Member Services Directors. The successful candidate will be an outgoing individual, with a dental background, who would enjoy working with both the dental profession and the public. The ability to thrive on new and complex challenges and have a background working in a team environment is required.
- respond to queries from members and the public regarding dental treatment, staff management, billing codes, fees, and dental insurance coverage from private and Ministry plans
- work collaboratively with Member Services staff team
- design and present courses
- suggest and produce articles for the BCDA bridge magazine when requested
- dispute resolution/mediation
- administrative support to designated committees
- administers programs including the X-ray/CBCT Inspection Program and Cleft Lip & Palate Prosthetic Program
- general administrative support
Qualifications & Requirements
- post-secondary education with 5+ years related experience, preferably in the dental field
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- working knowledge or familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365 an asset
- excellent command of the English language – good speaking voice
- good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- competent writing, editing skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- experience in dispute resolution and/or mediation
- demonstrated excellent organization skills, including the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- thrives on multi-tasking and on providing exceptional service
- confident, diplomatic and professional
- service-oriented, team-player with stellar interpersonal skills
Salary & Benefits
The BCDA offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package.
Email: cover letter, resume, salary expectations and writing examples, no later than 12 noon on January 31, 2020 to: Director, Operations: email@example.com.
No Telephone Calls Please
The BCDA thanks all applicants for their interest.
Only those candidates who possess the stated requirements will be contacted.